Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teddy Bear

I was having an emotional day today and Aaron wasn't able to come home for lunch, which made it worse. Pregnancy hormones get out of control sometimes! Anyway, I decided I needed to get out of the house, so I took myself to the Public Library in search of some new craft books.

For awhile now I have been wanting to try to make little crocheted stuffed animals. I found this amazing book at the library that teaches even beginning crocheters how to create these cute little creatures. Checked it out at the library and started working on a little teddy bear for my soon to be born baby boy. All I got done tonight was the head. It looks kinda funny right now cause it is just a bunch of round stitches but hopefully after I add the body, legs, and arms it will look as cute or cuter than the one in the book.

Here's the book that I checked out. Super easy patterns with picture instructions at the beginning to show even beginners how to do the stitches. The only thing I didn't like is there are a couple of  abbreviations that she doesn't really explain well. I understand them since I am familiar with the craft but beginners might struggle when they see them in the pattern. Otherwise I think it is a great book. Best instructions on crocheted animals that I have found yet.

Here's a picture of what the teddy bear looks like, all finished. Isn't it cute?

And here is the head to my bear. It's basically just a bunch of single crochets.


I can't wait to show you the finished product! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment