Thursday, May 13, 2010

Preparing for baby

I've been a bit preoccupied the last few days with baby preparations. We set up the crib, I've washed and organized clothes, blankets, bibs, etc. I've set up the area downstairs where we are going to spend the days of the first few weeks (since I am not supposed to go up and down the stairs during the day). All while having contractions, sleeping a whole heck of a lot, peeing like crazy, and just physically getting ready for my son's birth (and apparently dilating as well!). So crafting has been a bit on the back burner. BUT I have done some crafting.

Yesterday I spent a couple hours putting together the baby announcements that I started a few weeks ago. I am still making some decisions about them and having a very hard time committing to anything. But I think, perhaps this afternoon, I am ready to move on to the next step. I'm hesitant to put Sherwood's name on the announcements because I am fearful that he will turn out to be a girl and that the announcements will have to be completely re-done (right now they are more boy than girl but could be passed for girl if necessary). I also intend to line the envelopes and made a pattern for that yesterday. Need to use my Cricut and do some monkey cutouts. I'll put up pictures in a post later tonight of what I have done (assuming I don't go into labor). And maybe I can attack that diaper bag. But then again, the nursery needs attention too...

Later (11:16 pm):
I spent some time with my Cricut and with my camera. Here are some pictures of what my announcements look like so far. And here are the monkeys that will be glued on, hopefully tomorrow. Still no regular contractions so I might get them done before Sherwood comes. Although it wouldn't hurt my feelings if that isn't the case. :)

Here's one version of the card. On the right will be a picture of Sherwood once he is born and on the left will be the monkey.

And here's another version:

And the monkey:

I think it will be really cute when it is all done but we will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment