Monday, May 3, 2010

Crafting Blogs

I've been super swollen today. Thanks to the pregnancy (35 weeks tomorrow!) I have swollen feet and swollen hands. This has caused me to spend most of the day with my feet propped up to help with the swelling and my hands unoccupied. So instead of crafting I searched through other people's crafting ideas. I found myself several things I want to try adapting and making my own.

This is just a small selection of some of the great things I saw online today and want to try to adapt. I have several craft blogs that I am now subscribed to so that when my creativity is lacking I can go check out what other creative people are doing. Hopefully tomorrow my feet and hands will be less swollen. I want to get to work on a few things for Sherwood on the sewing machine, finish Idina's dress, and finish Mother's Day presents before the week is out. Don't know how much I will get done but hopefully I will be more successful tomorrow than I was today.

PS. If anyone has any ideas on how I can make a nursing nightgown that will provide coverage for when I am in the hospital (after Sherwood is born and I get cleaned up) I would love the suggestions. I'm thinking about the hospital gown pattern that is posted lower down. I just don't think I have the fabric and am trying to do it for cheap or free. Maybe I will luck out at Goodwill later this week...

This book is super cute! It is a bit much for Sherwood as he won't be playing tic tac toe for some time but it might make a great gift for my nieces/nephews. I just love the idea of using felt in such a great manner. Here are some of the pages in it.

                                             IMG_3254.JPG.jpg






IMG_3260.JPG.jpg

IMG_3257.JPG.jpg
http://soyouthinkyourecrafty.blogspot.com/1999/02/on-go-book.html


Love this bag for the teachers in my life. Don't know exactly how I would duplicate it but its super cute and practical.
IMG_5452+(Medium).jpg  IMG_5437+(Medium).jpg
http://soyouthinkyourecrafty.blogspot.com/2010/05/teacher-gifts-week-3.html




Here is an adaptation of a hospital gown pattern that I found online. I like her picture cause it shows how cute it can be made whereas the website with the pattern doesn't have a picture of the finished product.
DSC_9306a.jpg
The original pattern is from http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/hospitalgown.php. The pictures are taken from sewcutebabe.com. 



Here's a diaper bag and changing pad that is cute and looks pretty simple to duplicate.
nappy_collage.jpg

http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/products/patterns_display.php?id=16


No comments:

Post a Comment