Sunday, May 9, 2010

Pre-mommy frustrations

I want to make a diaper bag. That's where my frustrations began. But the diaper bag I wanted to make is not as big as I thought it was going to be. So I began to search for another pattern. I searched for ideas on how big diaper bags should be or usually are. For some reason the diaper bag that I bought (back when I first found out that I was pregnant) doesn't seem to hold very much stuff. I don't know why because it is a decent sized bag. It will probably be great for going out for short term trips and such. But right now it has a couple of outfits, two receiving blankets, my nursing cover, and a small teddy bear in it and it is stuffed. No diaper changing pad, no diapers, and no wipes. If I took out an outfit or two it would fit the changing pad, a couple of diapers, and probably some wipes but that's it. I don't necessarily need a whole lot on a day to day basis but I do need to have room for certain things and wanted to combine my purse with the diaper bag so that I am not carrying both.


Long story short I am a bit frustrated. So after a long time of measuring bags, looking at the standard size of diaper bags online, studying the pattern I own, and realizing that I needed to wash the fabric that I want to use to create the bag, I decided it was time to give up for tonight. So two nights in a row where I failed at crafting anything. (We did set up the crib yesterday, though, does that count?) Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for crafting. I have so many ideas for projects and just for some reason just don't have the energy or the umph needed to get them done. Truthfully this blog has been instrumental in me getting anything done. Its nice to have a place to hold me accountable.

Here's a photo of the pattern that I want to make. I am going to use a light brown on the outside and a striped green and yellow-ish material on the inside. I won't do the ribbon or anything cause I don't like it. I am thinking of extending the size a bit and making it a little bit longer and taller. I also want to adjust the strap so that it is long enough that I can put it over my head. Probably should invest in some D rings so that I can adjust the size of the strap but am a bit unsure on how to do that. We'll see. I still need to stew over it. And iron the fabric when it comes out of the dryer. (Yuck!) More updates to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment