Monday, April 19, 2010

A new beginning

A new chapter of my life is starting. I suppose it technically started in December when we moved across the country from Arizona to Delaware. But within the next few weeks a new life will be entering the world and charming my heart. Meanwhile, I have been feeling as though a part of my life, and my creativity has been compromised. I have spent the last four months concentrating on the move, setting up the house (which still needs lots of work), preparing for our little one's arrival, and basically living life.

Currently I am sitting on the couch, my cute little dog all snuggled in an afghan next to me, watching "Julie and Julia." It was there that I got an idea. What if I create a blog in which I challenge myself to do something creative every day for the next year?

So its a stolen idea. To some extent. But I am hoping that perhaps with a place to load my ideas and pictures of the things I come up with, perhaps it will help me to keep a part of me, the creative part of me, alive even as I take up a new role in life.

Here's hoping that I can keep motivated. Now, as to what to do today? Another post to come later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment