Tuesday, April 20, 2010

MONKEYS!!

Let me start out by saying that I am not really an artist in the sense that I don't normally draw pictures and things of that nature. If I do they are usually tiny and for the purposes of cards and scrapbooking. But I got it into my head that I wanted to do a monkey painting for my little monkey's room.

Tonight I gathered a couple of monkeys that I really like and started sketching. I sketched for a little over an hour and here is what I came up with. They are very rough sketches. The biggest problem is that I have to make it bigger because it has to fit on part of a canvas that is 11" by 14" (I have a saying that will go on the other 2/3 to 1/2 of the canvas). But its a start. Let me know what you think and which one you like best.

#1:

#2:

#3:


#4:

#5:

#6:

#7:

And here's the saying that I am going to put on the other side of the canvas. I found it on a friend's facebook and it was taken from art-moms.com. As far as I can tell it isn't copyrighted. I would love to give credit to the writer if someone knows who it was written by but if not I will be happy to give the website credit.

Before you were born
I dreamed of you,
I imagined you,
I prayed for you.
Now that you're here
I hope for you,
I love you,
And I thank God for you.

3 comments:

  1. I like # 5 the best, it looks like a real baby monkey! I like the innocence in his face!

    -Nenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one was actually based off of one of his little shirts. I like the face too. :) Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like #5 as weel. It soo cute :)

    ReplyDelete